This is your conference and here are some ways you can take part:
Present or chair
- submit an idea for a presentation – abstract submission closed 7 November 2017.
- chair a session – introduce speakers, explain the format to the audience, manage question-and-answer sessions, keep time, give the audience permission to session-hop if desired, present gifts to speakers, provide housekeeping messages
- organise a session – contact the speakers and chairperson in advance of the conference, to best prepare sessions. This could involve presentations which complement each other, or offer differences of opinion for debate.
- organise a social function
- moderate questions in selected sessions via Twitter
- guest tweet using the official conference Twitter feed
- create a Storify to recap each day
- take photographs to recap each day
- submit questions in advance, for our FAQs section
Be an ambassador
- be an ambassador – meet and greet delegates/special interest groups
- recommend ‘my brilliant colleague’ – if you know someone who would be a terrific speaker for our conference, and they are willing to be suggested, please contact us.
Be a supporter
- sponsor an emerging professional to attend
- sponsor another aspect of the conference, please see the prospectus for options
- offer discounts / special offers for delegates who visit your museum (we welcome offers from Victorians and interstate)
- advertise in our conference handbook
If you are interested in any of the above ideas, pleasecontact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.